Alexa RankingNow a days, most of the people are believing Alexa as a ranking. So now it has become a hot topic that how can we improve alexa traffic for a website.
All the people are in dilemma, that how the Alexa gives the rank for sites. Every single website has its unique alexa rank. Whereas page rank may matches for all sites compare to your competitor sites.
Factors Which Estimates Alexa Rank1. No: of Pages Visited
2. No: of Pages Viewed by user after visiting your site.
3. Site Performance- Maintenance, Reduce 404 Pages
Factors which improves your Alexa Rank1. Install Alexa Toolbar- Install the alexa tool bar on your browsers. Try to visit your site from that installed browser.
2. Put Alexa Raking Widget- In alexa site you will find an option "Keep alexa on your site". Get the script or html code for Alexa widget. After saving html script, place it in your left/right side source panel of your site.
3. Reviews of your Site- Ask your user and customers to review about your service/products or any other experience with you. More reviews tells that your site is most genuine and satisfactory.
Present these reviews are temporarily closed by Alexa.
Other Factors1. Go for Paid option- Subscribe for Alexa paid option for a month or for a year. With in this period, they would analyze your site and says the loop wholes in your site. May be in that paid version of time your site can get good ranking. Addition to it, you can see that your site is "Certified by Alexa" on the alexa site.
2. There are other tools and sites which may increase your ranking. But I'm not sure if they work well.
Alexa strategy is quietly different than Page Rank. Page rank will be updates twice or thrice in year, while alexa rank for your site may changes everyday.
Get more information on Alexa rankings at this link http://www.alexa.com/help/traffic-learn-more
Note- Alexa rank doesn't play any role in considering Page Rank for your Site.